Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Introduction

Just breathe…my motto, if you will. It’s my sentiment towards life. I quietly repeat it to myself over and over when life is pulling my hair in one direction and I’m trying to stay calm and go the other way. This happens almost daily. I am a very anxious woman. I get aggravated at the tiniest of matters and tend to overanalyze situations that are beyond my control. Just breathe, Angela.


I don’t want this to discourage you from reading my blog. Not all of it will be about my often neurotic self and my seemingly random thoughts. My last blog, I’m 30? was about the woes (and joys) of being thirty. This time there will be no reoccurring theme. I will just write about whatever obsession, frustration, like or dislike that is consuming my mind at the time; scattered ideas and feelings.


As I stated a time or two in I’m 30? writing is very healing for me; my own personal therapist. I try to write something every day even if it’s just a to-do list. I mostly write just a sentence or two and toss it out like the leftovers that we never eat. I have rarely kept anything that I have written. If I tried hard enough though I’m sure I could dig up a poem or short story from my teenage years. And I could even probably find a paper that I had written for school, but nothing in recent years. I write to let my feelings out, to discard the sometimes overwhelming worry that plagues my mind. Then I am done, satisfied. So, consider this blog (and my last one) my not so private journal. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment