Monday, May 9, 2011

My Summer (Craft) Projects

What comes to mind when you think of a summer project? Most people may think of things that they want to accomplish around the house - building a fence, growing a garden, cleaning windows (although this is usually done in the spring). I am not that person. I definitely don't do windows. My house has 39 of them and they will probably be completely nontransparent before I unhappily wash them. I was that girl last summer...and the summer before that. But, not this year. My summer will be spent doing something that I absolutely love - crafting.

I have 6 projects on my list so far.

1) A yarn wreath...that (hopefully) will look something like this...but in a
very pretty blue with grey flowers. This one I have started. So I guess this would be considered a spring (although it feels like summer) project. I hoped that it would end up being birthday gift for my sister. But alas, it is a long, slow process. I don't know if it will be done in time. Unfortunately the yarn doesn't wrap itself.


2) A necklace hanger similar to this...


3) A wall vase just like this...


4) An organizer...
5) A shelf...

6) And a wrag wreath...


I am so excited to finally spend some much needed time...if only 30 minutes a day...working on a very neglected hobby of mine. Stayed tuned for photos throughout the summer of my masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment