Thursday, July 28, 2011

Job Requirements

When I think of job requirements for any type of office work outstanding social, organizational, and communication skills rank high on the imaginary scale in my head. That was until today Today I feel as though the #1 job requirement...for any type of office work...should be how to properly use a Word program. The #2 requirement...how to properly (and professionally) make a form that not only employees, but patients will see on a daily basis.

There is a new "form" at work that is driving me insane! It has abbreviations that are incorrect. There are some that I don't even understand. Example: Retd. When I see this I think of the funniest line in the first Hangover movie...a very offensive term to some people. What it is supposed to mean is...Returned. I am an intelligent woman, but I had to ask what it meant!

Also, the alignment is off and they used an ugly font. The form is small and was cut into uneven squares with scissors. That alone irks me! (Side note: since when do I use the word "irks"?)

Being the good little employee that I am I will not say anything. Day, after day, after day I will cringe every time I see that little white, disproportionate piece of paper with the hellacious font. At least I will until it grows so old that everyone forgets about it and stops using it. Until then me and my OCD will just suffer in silence.

I wish they would have asked to make it. It would have been P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

2 comments:

  1. Write a criticism of the form and put it in the suggestion box as if a customer did it. Then offer to redo it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you made a grammatical error at the end it made me giggle... I agree with the above ^comment. You shouldn't have to suffer.

    ReplyDelete