Monday, October 3, 2011

Pinterest

As of lately I have a new obsession (besides Word Feud); Pinterest. For those of you that have not heard of Pinterest - it is an online pinboard where dorks like me can be immersed in it’s magnificence for hours upon hours. Remember when you were a teenager and cut pictures out of magazines of N’Sync, a great pair of jeans or the actor you currently had a crush on and hung them on the walls of your bedroom? That is exactly what Pinterest allows you to do. Except now your parent’s won’t yell at you for mucking up their house even though it is your bedroom. Or was that just me? Pinterest is a dream come true for list makers and collectors alike. You can post comments and follow other pinboards to your hearts content. It’s being called the new “social network.”

My curiosity (or maybe nosiness) brought me to Pinterest a few months ago. It was a friend’s Facebook post about the website that sparked my attention. And I haven’t looked back. Right away I was pinning the things I love to the default pinboards such as Books Worth Reading and For the Home. Since then I have renamed and added more than a dozen boards; Perfectly Pear (all things pears), For Maggie (my puppy), and Yum! (food/recipes that I would like to try) just to name a few. My favorite boards are Crafts (for my creative side) and Dream (on) Homes (for my dreamer side). There’s also Dress Up (fantastic clothes), I Love Purses! (another infatuation of mine), and Autumn (my preferred season). Shut the Front Door! is my newest board. It is filled with the most amazing doors.

Follow me on Pinterest (look to the right for the link). Request and invite so you too can create and share the things that make you happy. I assure you that you will become as smitten as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment